Monday 23 November 2009

In a way, it’s always fun never to be bored. On the other hand…

Moving into a new place can always be so much fun. Last week we received a ‘repossession notice’ letter. Apparently the former lodger owes to the council around £2000 from taxes. However, the very frightening letter was addressed to our new place mentioning that they can get into the apartment and repossess stuff to match the value owed, whether we are or aren’t inside! The fonts, size and bold letters used in the letter itself are indeed very intimidating! They make the word ‘repossession’ massive for the A4 paper size. Also, they try to emphasize the fact that they can get in the flat without us in it.
We called the number given on the letter to declare that the lodger has changed and to beg not to break our door and take stuff! I don’t even know if we have £2000 worth of stuff in the apartment to take. I was told that they are not allowed to take everything, like a bed or a chair so that the place is still habitable but I don’t want to take chances. It will not look that good to our new neighbors...
Anyway, we passed the whole thing to our landlord who promised to take care of it (hopefully in time). I’d hate to think that they will take our newly bought and used Christmas decoration…

That’s not the end of it of course. Our heating is not working. It stopped working on Friday evening and until we doubled checked, we couldn’t get anyone on the phone to help us. I tried a couple of things that actually didn’t work (I wonder why, since I do not have any experience on the matter). I try restarting it a couple of times (it works on PCs). I tried hitting it a bit (I saw Han Solo doing it on Millennium Falcon that afternoon). My final verdict is that the gas pressure is not good enough to ignite it again. I had less than 1 bar and I needed around 1.5 bars (damn you bars). So, we spent the whole weekend wearing sweaters and jackets in the house. Ok, I’m exaggerating, but yesterday evening was a bit cold…

So, instead of staying in and being cold we’ve decided to go to the movies. From the movies available, we went to see ‘2012’! If you haven’t seen it, I would recommend you NOT to go and see it. I like action movies, I enjoyed ‘The day after tomorrow’ a lot. So, I said that ‘2012’ is a movie to go and watch in a movie theatre for the visual and sound effects. However, the movie is bad. The plot is amazingly predictable, never ending and tedious. I expected the movie to be slightly silly but not that much.
I came across the following image related to the plot of the movie and to Earth destruction, so I'm sharing it with you since I found it quite funny:

No comments:

Post a Comment