Friday 13 November 2009

50 totally useless information regarding me, before my 50th post

My first thoughts were about modifying the layout of my template on my 50th post, but I didn't find time to spend on that. I want to do more research on the matter. So, I've decided to write down some stuff regarding me.
  1. I was born in 1981 in a small Greek Town. I’m a Pisces. I moved to London in summer 2006 and never regretted it.
  2. I do not like the texture of olives and tomatoes. I just do not eat them raw, unless chopped in really tiny pieces with other stuff. I like olive oil and tomato sauce though (weird – I know). The same can be applied for bananas as well, but I’ve been force feeding myself with them after I’ve started running.
  3. I stopped being in denial about being gay at the age of 22. I had numerous girlfriends until then. I consider my first proper sex experience to be at that age (no wonder I was edgy until then)
  4. I started having proper personal life (meeting new people, dating, having sex etc) after I came to London. Greece can be so conservative (forget about what you know about Mykonos or Athens, they do not apply for smaller communities)…
  5. I had a very happy childhood that I’m always grateful for. The four of us (parents + brother) used to travel a lot and spend quality time together.
  6. I am also very grateful knowing that my family will be there for me in case of any emergency.
  7. Having close family ties however means that my parents tend to mingle a lot with my life and the decisions I make.
  8. I used to play a lot with GI-JOE action figures, playmobil and LEGO. I especially loved LEGO Technic.
  9. My first video (or computer?) game I played was at a 16KB, 3.5 MHz Spectrum ZX. Yes, the one with the rubber buttons. My parents used to love playing and so did we
  10. I was electrocuted three times when I was a child (that explains a lot of things) and I’ve lived to tell the tale. I wouldn’t recommend it though.
  11. I’ve never broken one of my bones (knock on wood). I’ve cracked my collarbone though
  12. I can speak two languages apart from Greek. English (really) and French. My French have gone a bit rusty though
  13. I love spending time wandering around big supermarkets, browsing on products. I do the same at big bookstores or gadget / video game stores
  14. I am not a common gay person regarding fashion, reading trashy magazines and celebrity news. I don’t give a damn if Jordan (lovely British celeb in the very big boobs category) got divorced…
  15. I find it irritating that people like her (see No15) make headlines in serious (?) newspapers / TV news. The same applies for X-Factor
  16. I’ve been living without a TV set for 7 months now and I love it. I don’t miss it.
  17. I don’t watch reality TV (big brother, X-Factor etc.). After watching one series, I think it’s the same thing over and over again. Not having a TV set helps me on that
  18. I like watching cartoons
  19. My hobbies include reading (books and comics), listening to music, sports (gym or running), going to the theatre, having people over for dinner, going out
  20. I like going dancing even if I don’t think I’m very good at it. The same applies for singing
  21. I believe that true friendships last through time, even if two people lose contact for a period of time
  22. I would like to be able to find someone to settle down, start a family, get married, and maybe raise a child (who knows?) or two. I might be too romantic…
  23. I hate confrontations of any kind. That can be a bad thing because sometimes I miss chances, opportunities to even defend what is mine. Once I got into a fight at primary school. I wasn’t able to return a single punch. My opponent got so angry at my passiveness that fled crying with frustration. I was considered the winner by my classmates
  24. I do believe in luck. Some things sometimes are meant to be and pushed by luck. I am not a fatalist though. I believe that you have to help yourself and not wait for luck or fate to define your actions
  25. I cannot easily take pills. Seriously, I choke. I prefer soluble drugs. I have to literally throw a pill down my throat. I might have to do something about it as I grow older though
  26. I like having sex outdoors. I am not an exhibitionist (much). I don’t want to be seen. I would like, for example, to have sex on a beach, close to the water, listening to the waves on a warm summer night.
  27. I am a total coffee junkie. I can have many a day. I just love the smell of it as well
  28. I cannot easily pronounce the difference between words like beach - bitch, sit - shit - sheet, sip - sheep - ship etc. I just hope the person who I am talking to will understand what I’m saying from the rest of the sentence.
  29. I think that I am partially colour blind. I was never properly tested, but I find it sometimes difficult to distinguish colours. I’ve found online some tests (the one with the bubbles and the numbers) and I didn’t do well. I blamed the monitor settings
  30. I do not have any piercings or tattoos. I do like some of the tattoos I see on other people though. I find them sexy. It did cross my mind to get a tattoo done though. I was thinking of having an olive tree branch done (because I don’t like eating them, it doesn’t mean I don’t like looking at them). I like what an olive tree branch symbolises.
  31. I have never tried (and probably never will) serious drugs. I’ve smoked pot a few times in the past but that’s it. I also don’t smoke.
  32. I like junk food. I know how unhealthy it is but I just don’t care. I don’t have it often though. I just like to feel naughty and treat myself once in a while. I love French fries / potato wedges and all the rest, especially with mayonnaise.
  33. I have a thing for people with shaved heads. I also quite like people that are slightly older than me, hairy, dark coloured and slightly big. It is weird but I always first notice the guy in a red t-shirt / jumper. All these are of course not written on stone.
  34. I admire integrity in a person and I find grounded confidence very appealing. If you add to that a good sense of humor, a cute face and a caring heart I can go nuts…
  35. People that know they are good looking (showing it around) and take themselves too seriously are a total turn off.
  36. I can have feta cheese with almost everything. I also love sea food
  37. My sense of smell is not that good. I never remember fragrances and I find it difficult to distinguish some
  38. I never thought I would, but I started enjoying sports (running, tennis, gym). I think I'm losing my geekiness...
  39. I don’t like being cuddled when trying to fall asleep. It makes me nervous and restrained.
  40. I generally prefer savoury than sweets (especially when it comes to crepes). I’d prefer having a nice ham and cheese sandwich than a chocolate bar if I’m hungry
  41. I like to feel like I’m in control of my actions. I simply hate the fact of being pushed to do something I don’t want to or losing that control. That is the reason I never did drugs, got ridiculously drunk or I would never be a good player in restraining games. Once some friends tried to force me into drinking some shots by holding my nose shut and opening my mouth and I lost my temper.
  42. My favorite cuisines are Greek (for obvious reasons), Italian and Oriental (Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese)
  43. I don’t normally like watching drama on TV or cinema. I think that our lives can be complicated enough to make ourselves feel sad for other fake characters or stories. I like action, romantic comedies, musicals and animated movies.
  44. I like the idea that I don’t own very expensive stuff like a car or a house. It makes me feel more independent. I can pack and move tomorrow to the other end of the world if I wanted to (at least in theory I can)
  45. I like routine and tidiness in certain aspects of my life. For example I like taking the same route to work every day. I like placing objects in my pockets the same way each time. I like making lists of things I have to do. My world will not collapse if things turn out differently, but still… My room is always tidy, even with dust all around
  46. I don’t raise the volume of my voice and I don’t argue with people (see 24 as well). You can count the people I’ve argued with, on the fingers of one hand. When that does happen however, when someone actually pushes me that far, I can be quite fierce and loud
  47. I tend to break up with people in a civilized way. Apart from some very few occasions, I am in speaking terms with most of the people I’ve dated and we tend to still be in touch.
  48. I am pretty social having a circle of good friends. I don’t like being the centre of attention though and I am not the soul of a party.
  49. I am a pacifist but was made a sergeant in the Greek Army (mandatory military service). I’ve fired with a gun, a rifle, a small rocket launcher and I’ve thrown a grenade.
  50. I hate the fact that I will have second thoughts on what I’ve written on this list. Most likely I will remember stuff late…

2 comments:

  1. Great list. Too bad you're an ocean away. I think we would get along quite well. And don't worry about the accent. Most people find that to be extremely charming. I agree with you on tattoos. Hot on other people, but not really something I've ever had a desire to get. Just be careful though. Once you get one, I've heard you always want another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... true. I heard how getting a tattoo can be addictive...

    ReplyDelete