Monday 20 September 2010

Concerned client…

It was on the news today that ‘Southern Railway’, a company providing train services in the south eastern parts of England, decided to create a new train fleet without toilets, since they want greater passenger capacity! They are thinking of introducing these new trains this December in the Portsmouth to Brighton journey which lasts an hour and half. I don’t think that opening a door and peeing between stops will be advised…

This article made me think about how other companies in the name of profit lower their standards in clients’ expense! You must have all heard about the new types of airplane seats. They look wonderful, don’t they? It’s like riding a horse for many (many) hours. The feeling after the flight must be wonderful to say the least.



Ryanair decided to start charging the use of toilets in their planes. The new planes will have fewer toilets than they have now and coin slots will be introduced in order to use them! I am not going to further comment on Ryanair, but I’d like to make a point about client’s rights and privileges.

Fortunately, I have the right to choose a different airline to fly and I have vowed against flying with Ryanair ever again. However, when it comes to trains, I don’t think I can do that so easily. It’s tricky finding the stations that operate with different railway companies which is not always possible.

Anyway, it’s Monday, so I am grumpy:




4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how these companies are putting profits over clients?

    I hate Mondays too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah. At least you have choices on railways. A few years ago I tried to plan a ski vacation via AmTrak, and gave up hope because their website sucked, the journey would've taken 2.5 days each way, AND I'd have to go the wrong direction TWICE to make it from hub to hub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before you know it, airlines will be gassing us to sleep, stacking us like cord wood inside shipping containers, and loading us in to the bellies of cargo planes. Then there will be no need for flight attendants so the airlines can save even more money by firing all of them. How much do you want to bet some airline will float this idea within five years?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @behrmark I know. It's crazy. People should know and complain.

    @Gauss_Jordan 2.5 days each way? Really? That sounds bad...

    @Cubby It will be like the '5th element'! I don't know if I mind being gassed to sleep though. I can't sleep on a plane and I get very bored... I don't know about the containers though...

    ReplyDelete