Monday 31 October 2011

And I’m in…


This weekend I moved in with JJ. Funnily enough it all went according to plan. We rented a van Friday morning that JJ was driving and returned this morning without a problem. The plan was to wait for his roommate to move out on Saturday and both of us move in that room. He took his time of course and he was out Saturday late in the afternoon leaving a very filthy room and bathroom behind him and lots of stuff that were his responsibility but we had to sort out.

Anyway, we did three trips between my old place and my new. We could have done less if we pushed it a bit, but there was no actual need to overstress ourselves. We made one journey a day. In between, we cleaned and painted the new room, washed the carpets, cleaned the bathroom, removed shelves, built furniture, move JJ’s stuff from downstairs upstairs and tidied things up. During these days we also paid a visit to IKEA, a local DIY store, a sofa store and the recycling center of the borough to get rid of old things and appliances no longer needed.

The result is outstanding though. I completely love the way the new bedroom looks like. It’s very cosy, inviting, ‘clean’ and tidy. I still have a couple of boxes to unpack and some clothes to sort out. I also need some time to get used to the new arrangement of things but I will be fine soon enough.

And this is only the beginning.

  This is how our room now looks like


7 comments:

  1. Ahh, so that's where the magic's gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cubby There will be no photos of that... :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bookshelves by the bed. I may have to steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Erik_Rubright Glad you like it... I like it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice looking bedroom... but I bet it doesn't STAY that neat. Ahem. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @cb. No, it doesn't. It squeaks too! It's a good think that wall is not common with the house next door!

    ReplyDelete