Thursday 15 October 2009

OK, I did it… (or will do it)

I was talking to a friend of mine about running (again) (I think I might be getting monotonous). He did the London Marathon last year and he suggested I tried it. He said that he wasn’t THAT fit before entering and that he tried and managed to train for it in time. He said that it was one of the best days of his life, the day he finished it. He commented that you just need to be disciplined and since you register you cannot but accept the fact you’re doing it and get motivated.


Unfortunately that event is closed, at least for the charities I wanted to run for (If you have to do it, you have to do it right). I then checked other marathon runs around UK, or even nearby countries. It is a new but very dear dream of mine to do London, Paris and New York marathons. (Yeah, sure… Let me finish one first). I’m still able to register for the Paris marathon, but after checking the Route Map we actually chickened out (me and ‘gb’ who shares similar weird running marathon dreams – you see? I’m not the only one). The area you have to cover is huge!!! Of course I knew that before but it’s a reality check to see the Map itself. Don’t judge me!


So, I slightly changed the plan and decided to do a half marathon first to boost my confidence a bit and train for the whole marathon afterwards. As a result, I registered today to do my first half marathon in Bath in March 2010 for Cancer Research UK! I’m pretty happy about my decision and I hope that everything will go smoothly! If I do that half marathon OK(ish) there is another half marathon in October and after that I’ll be ready to do my first marathon the following spring (no?).
At least that’s the plan… I hope to stick to it…

No comments:

Post a Comment