Wednesday 22 June 2011

Various news Wednesday…

I fear that this post will be another unfocused list of various thoughts, events and news. It’s not like I normally have a structured way of thinking anyway. I do live after all in my misspelled ‘bizarre world’, at least according to my url.

---------------------------

The issue currently occupying my brain is the next wave of interviews (plural) for my new job role tomorrow. I will however try to ignore the knot at my stomach and try to think of more happy stuff. I’m trying to make a list of what to pack. The fact that I’m going to a wedding on Saturday, which is the purpose of my journey, means that I’ll have to pack some ‘proper’ clothes and shoes. I’d love to only take t-shirts, shorts, swimwear and flip flops but I can’t. Also, my ‘lovely’ mother contacted me yesterday that she needs some beauty products only found in stores in central London. That means that I can’t carry only liquids of less than 100ml during my flight and I will have to check in a bag, which I didn’t plan to do before. Also, I do hate the last minute rushing to shops for this kind of things…


If only I could go in swimwear to a Greek wedding. At least I’ll be flying from rainy London of 17 C degrees (62 F) to sunny Greece of 32 C degrees (90 F).

---------------------------

On another note, the boyfriend ordered us special t-shirts for the London Pride the following week. Although I’m not sure if the weather will be so warm to wear only t-shirt but I hope it will be OK. I’m not exactly sure what he got, but I hope it’s something decent and maybe funny. I have the suspicion that he got me something ‘bear’ related. He knows that I freak out with extravagant outfits and I wouldn’t easily wear one (I can be shy), but I have him capable of getting me one just to wind me up.

Last year he was working and he couldn’t come. This year we plan to enjoy the day together. I don’t think we’ll get drunk and get mixed in the crowds, but I always like people watching on days like these. This is a picture of me from last year with a lovely couple that was standing next to us. Notice the leather, feathers and lace accessories. They were having champagne, I was having water...


---------------------------

My running event for October got cancelled because the organisers couldn’t agree on a route with the local Council. More likely the Council didn’t give any permission for some roads to be closed on the day. This sucks because I was looking forward to it. This event was my next fitness challenge. I’ve done two half marathons (13.1 miles) in the past and this ‘Kilomathon’ was supposed to be longer than that (around 16 miles).


As a matter of fact, I had already set up my fund raising website to help the ‘MacMillan Cancer Support’ charity. I was looking forward to running in their colours and receiving their green running gear. Now, I’ll try to find something different to do instead…

8 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck and calmness for your interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you've got a lot going on. I agree w/ Erik and want to wish you luck with the next wave of interviews.

    I also want to wish you a fun Pride Celebration. The weather in Boston was awful for pride this year. Normally that would tick me off but Boston has a boring pride anyway so it wasn't any great loss, but I would imagine that London's celebration would be quite the party. Have fun.

    Cheers,
    BosGuy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the interview! Have fun and enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the interviews and have fun at the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 'bits and pieces' postings.
    I too hope all turns out well. And I suspect you look lovely in 'proper' clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really hate checking in luggage too. i like traveling light...just with a backpack. makes everything easier. damn that liquid rule- it means i have to check in a bag when i'm going on holiday this summer.

    oh and funny pic with you ....and the milfs...! lol.

    anyways. hope you enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Erik_Rubright Thanks.

    @BosGuy Thanks. Yes, London Pride is normally very busy and fun in a pop-mainstream-extravagant kind of way. I hope the weather here will be good.

    @Jim thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. @RyanO WOW! Welcome back. Thanks for that. :-)

    @Ur-Spo thanks... :-p

    @Luuworld lol... Are you sure these are milfs? lol...

    ReplyDelete