Thursday 17 October 2013

500th Post

This is my 500th post that I upload to my blog! Yay me! I somehow made it this far! I started this blog back in August 2009. My life was so different then! I can’t even start to count all the major changes that happened in my life since then, but I can easily sum it up and same that I’m in such a happier place now.


To be honest, I was postponing this post. I wanted it to occur with the final agreement on our house purchase. I wanted to happily announce that everything went smoothly and even slightly complain a bit about having to start packing now. I had it all in my head already. I can be a bit of an attention seeker that way and whine when I get the chance. I’m writing a blog if you haven’t noticed.

However, things didn't work out exactly like that. The bank that was supposed to provide us with a mortgage estimated the value of property less than the asking price. We knew that the asking price was a bit high but we had decided to accept it, even if it might harm the investment value of the property. In a couple of years and with the improvements of the property we had in mind, we would definitely catch up. The bank didn't see it that way though. They refused to give us more money than their estimate. So, since we can’t cover the difference we’re most likely losing the place. At the moment the estate agents, who appear to be extremely surprised at the low bank estimation, are trying to negotiate with the seller and the bank. But to be honest, I can’t see the vendor agreeing to that price, since the estate agents made him believe that he could make so much money from the property.



I’m feeling a bit disappointed to be honest. It’s not going to be the end though. We’ll start viewing more properties soon and I believe we’ll find what we’re looking for. We learnt a lot during the last couple of months with all this. The property market can be vicious, but so can we.  

10 comments:

  1. 500 !!
    Congratulations !
    May there be 500 more and then some !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 500th posting!

    Dont give in over house - go back to the mortgage company. They often dont do a proper valuation for themselves, just a vague guestimate often not even visiting the home just relying on sales in the area as a guide. Try asking them what can be done and keep pushing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. I'll post something new to let you know what happened. :-)

      Delete
  3. If that house isn't meant to be yours, let it alone and move on. Usually something better, and just right for your needs will pop up out of nowhere.

    Happy 500th! and Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH & CONGRATS:
    Ugh... I'm sorry the finances are proving to be a headache and I hope you can find some place that makes you even happier in the near future.

    Congrats... on your milestone post.

    Regards,
    BosGuy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nightmare, but it's almost over now. And thank you

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry to read this. Yeah, home buying can really suck. SO many hoops to jump through. I'll keep my fingers crossed that something works out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this. I'll let you know what happened.

      Delete