Saturday 6 October 2012

Work gossip


In my company, we have male toilets every second floor. There are no urinals, only a couple of cubicles in each floor. What I noticed when I first used them was the fact that there is a mirror above each toilet sit.  The mirrors are quite big and you can’t help but see yourself, full frontal, when standing to do your thing. What’s a bit weird though is the fact that someone complained about these mirrors and had them covered!!! My simple question is why?


Can’t you stand to look at yourself pee? In theory, since you do it standing up, otherwise the mirror wouldn’t really concern you, you watch what you do and hopefully hold it to target the big ‘hole’! So, you are watching anyway! Why are you bothered? Maybe if you’re so insecure for whatever reason about your male parts, maybe the mirror is a good thing and you’ll get more accustomed with what you’ve got. No matter what, try to love your ‘tools’. Is it a religious thing?

I was just curious about it, since someone was really bothered about it that much to go and find the building manager, who had to order coloured sticky paper and cover around 2 dozens of big mirrors during last weekend…

Anyway, that’s my week’s question. Other than that, I’m well. I’ve been extremely busy at work, trying to deal with directors’ demands! Gosh, they can be very spoilt sometimes. They act like small children wanting their ice cream! I demonstrated to a couple of them some new technologies (they are impressive I have to admit) and they want it ‘right NOW’! They’re not even sure what they want, they just ask for things to be done in two weeks! Why is it always two weeks? And it’s not like I don’t have other things to worry about or other directors breathing on my neck. And to close that very boring work topic, there is a difference between meating and meeting, you imbecile, making 10 times the amount of money I’m making and you can’t even use spell checker…


Anyway, that was my small rant for the day. Fortunately, I’m out of the office next week. I’m in training for 5 days and so happy about that!


16 comments:

  1. gads, I hate it so when adults act like children. Sad thing is: it works. Too many of us allow this to succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, probably...Throw in a tantrum and things might go your way... It is a bit annoying

      Delete
  2. Interesting timing of your post. I was in a restaurant Wednesday evening that had a mirror on the wall behind the toilet. It was a small room; only one urinal (which was in use) and one stall. I wasn't upset by the mirror being there but I did think it was noteworthy. It is not a typical arrangement.

    I thought they should etch one of those labels at the bottom that says; "Warning - Objects May be Closer Than They Appear"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... Yes... They could use a magnifying mirror... But that would make us look fat...
      I was shocked in Cambridge Station, I think, where they had mirrors over the urinals... That was scary

      Delete
  3. Maybe the building maintenance people removed the mirrors because more guys were looking at "it" than watching their aim...? Tired of cleaning messy floors could have been the motive for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hm. i'd say no to a mirror! i don't know why really...just the thought of checking myself out while peeing isn't too appealing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's you! You look at parts of you peeing all the time! :-)

      Delete
  5. Workplace gossip, politics and rules are always a bit strange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure that someone complained? Maybe someone was spending too much time in there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm not sure that someone complained, but I've been to the toilets in three floors and they were all covered. I can't see the building supervisor deciding on doing this on his own. He doesn't do anything unless ordered...

      Delete
  7. Perhaps the person was turned on by water sports and kept getting erections when peeing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not that I'm paranoid, but maybe someone thought they were one-way mirrors and thought maybe the company had cameras behind the mirrors watching people do their business?

    And the photo of the guy with the bowtie is hot. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my friends' said the same things, can't remember who. Unfortunately this can't be the case. The cubicles share a common wall and the other end is the staircase... Anyway, very good try. :-)

      The guy looks more cute to me than hot, but it doesn't matter of course... :-p

      Delete