Monday 9 January 2012

Back to business


2012! Already? Gosh… Time does fly…

Happy New Year to everybody I haven’t ‘seen’ during the last days. I assume I’m still allowed to say that, right? I was away on holidays the first week of January and I haven’t kept in touch. I did manage to post some comments here and there but that was it. I visited my parents and I spent with them New Year’s Eve. It was generally fun since I managed to get some rest and see some old dear friends of mine.


I’ve noticed a reduced number of blog posts since I changed jobs last summer but I assume it’s natural since I’ve been far busier than before.  I could make writing more posts my new year’s resolution, but I am not going to do that. I’ll just say that I will try to blog more but I refuse to feel stressed about it. Blogging is important to me but I have other more serious stuff to worry about. (sorry)…

Before starting writing this, I decided that the first post of the year should be optimistic. I’m not going to complain for example about the abysmal financial situation in Greece or how my relationship with my father is still not very good. I’m also not going to yell at my scale about the extra (3) kilos I gained during my visit in Greece. It’s not the scale’s fault after all. I am just going to say that losing the extra fat I have on me is a challenge I plan to win during the next few months.

These were the various silly things I was thinking while going to work this morning. The streets were busy with people and the tube was packed. However, while walking to work the sky was blue and the temperature was high for this time of the year. I have a smile on my face and went to work for the first time in 2012. There are so many things I'm grateful for...


 

12 comments:

  1. Welcome to 2012, my friend! Will look forward to reading your posts in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a commendable way to start the new year. I hope it stays well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year! and

    may ur wishy come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to feel pressure to post more (although I'm always curious to read what you've been up to), but stick with sharing bits about life in the UK, work and family.

    Cheers and have a great 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cubby Happy New Year to you too! :-D

    @Mike Thanks a lot for that. You put a smile on my face!

    @Jim Happy New Year Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ur-Spo I hope it stays well too! :-)

    @Suf_n_Steve Happy New Year

    @Bosguy Thank you for the advice! I really enjoy your posts too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, happy new year! I'm new here and found it interesting to read your blog~ Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @breeze Thank you so much for that... :-)

    ReplyDelete