Sunday 22 January 2012

Q1 - January 2012


Welcome to ‘The Question’. That’s Stephen’s from ‘The State of the nation UK’ new project after the end of the ‘5 on the fifth’. Stephen poses a question to all bloggers each month (I think). The first one for January ‘12 is:

What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail? 

Various things came into my mind when I was asked this question. At first I thought about winning the lottery. But there is no originality there and I am not a great fan of easy solutions like that. Winning loads of money in an instant don’t make people happy in the long term. For me it is important the feeling of accomplishment, gaining things through effort and persistence. So, I was thinking to start my own business, but I was not even sure what kind of business that would be.  I could even pretend to be Ms Universe and wish for ‘World Peace’ but I’m not.


In a theoretical question like that I think I’d answer in a similar way. I’d say that:
‘If I knew I could not fail I’d try to get bitten by a radioactive spider and become my own version of Arachno-Man!’ 





I’d become a protector of the innocent, a force to defeat evil like the superheroes I’ve been reading since I was young. ‘With great power comes great responsibility’ after all.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an answer to make one sit up and take notice. Nice one, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume that Arachno-man will make it to the big screen soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a concept; what a question; I would have to think of it. Cure disease or heal the sick I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer. Have fun defending the common people from evil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Raybeard lol... thanks

    @Stephen Chapman Hopefully it will be better than the old ones...

    @Ur-Spo That's very noble of you. Well done

    ReplyDelete