Wednesday 9 December 2009

Pink

Aerosmith say:

Pink - it's my new obsession
Pink - it's not even a question,
Pink - on the lips of your lover (oh)
'Cause Pink is the love you discover…


And I couldn’t agree more!!! I’m talking about the singer called ‘Pink’ and her amazing concert I saw yesterday. I don’t know if you’ve seen her or even know her and her songs, but I totally recommend it. Personally, I’m a fan of her work. It’s a combination of pop rock and if I’m not mistaken, it’s mostly stuff she writes herself. She has a really cool, loud, crystal clear voice and is able to pull some really tough songs. Our sits were not the best, since we were at the very top of the O2 Arena (formerly known as Millennium Dome in North Greenwich), but we had a really good view of what was going on. It seems worse on the picture than actually was:


The stage and costumes were great, the acoustic was good, the dancers and choreography were amazing and the overall experience unforgettable. I liked the fact that she sang songs from other singers as well and that she was talkative and interacting with people. She managed a really sensual ‘touch me’, a striking ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ and a beautiful ‘Crazy’ among others. What I found a bit funny is the large lesbian fan base that she has. The vast majority of women there, were lesbians with their partner that I found really sweet.

I tried taking some pictures and videos of Pink while performing but they're not that good but blurry. I tried to enjoy the show more than trying hard to take some pictures. I danced and sang throughout most of the show...


Apart from the concert, I’m still happily talking to and seeing ‘JJ’. We’re going together to the movies to see the ‘Law Abiding Citizen’. I heard that it’s good, we’ll see. Our primary idea was to go to see ‘Avatar’ but that is not screened yet, so…

I like the fact that today might be the first day I’m seeing ‘JJ’ without sex involved. I suggested going to the theatre in an area not close to his or mine (but in-between) so that we’d go out and spend some ‘quality’ time together. I’m not saying that sex is not a way to spend quality time with someone (believe you me). What I’m saying is that it’s a good thing to see that you can spend some time with someone chatting and doing other various activities if you are thinking seriously about it. I really want to get to know him more and vice versa…

There is the question though whether we can keep our hands off one another for a couple of hours to actually watch the movie…

2 comments:

  1. Seems we have been having similar weeks, Me and my Jay, you and your JJ, going to watch the same film. Did you enjoy it? I thought the bit with the T Bone in the neck was a bit much, but a good film overall.

    And P!nk is awesome. Been to see her twice, and have every intention of going again. She puts on a fab show. Glad you enjoyed.

    Ry

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite funny, but JJ is also going away for the weekend. If I wasn't with him the past two evenings, I would be worried...

    The film was nice, well directed with good actors. There are some holes in the script but that's OK. Yes, the T-bone bit and the human pieces cutting were a bit too much.

    Love P!ink as well. I would go again...

    ReplyDelete