Saturday, 12 December 2009

Quiet night in

After work yesterday I felt quite drained and I wanted a quiet night in. I was on my own at home, JJ was out of town and most of my friends were out with people from their work. So, I decided to cook dinner, have a little wine and watch a movie. So, I did…

I love cooking and most of the times I like changing recipes I've been given to match my taste. For ecample for the lasagne I cooked, there are so many variations of what you can add...
I bought Butternut Squash (something I learned in UK, since you cannot find it in Greece easily), 4 courgettes, a carrot, an onion, garlic, some tomato sauce and lasagne sheets. I first prepared the vegetables. I peeled them and removed the seeds when needed, washed them and grated them:

Then, in a deep frying pan I softened onion for a couple of minutes and then roasted in low temperature the vegetables for a good ten minutes to become soft. I added a little bit of feta cheese, tiny pieces of ham (can be ignored for vegetarians), some cheddar and seasonings for flavour. My stuffing was ready. I took a deep baking dish, added a little bit of oil (just a spoon) so that the lasagne will not stick to it. I had a layer of lasagne sheets, half the vegetables, a layer of tomato sauce, a layer of lasagne, the rest of the vegetables, a layer of lasagne sheets and finished with the rest of tomato sauce and some cheddar on top:

I baked it for 45 minutes in 180C. I like it slightly crispy so I left it a bit more than needed.

I opened a bottle of red wine and I watched ‘Love Actually’. I always watch this movie this time of the year. I don’t know how many times I’ve watched it really…

Anyway, I had a nice time yesterday, had some quality time on my own…


  1. Sounds like you had a nice evening. The lasagna looks delicious.

  2. how is the weather in ur place? bad or bad bad

    happy weekend to u...

  3. OH wow, this lasagna looks so gooooooooooooood!

    A quiet night in is always romantic, even if it's by yourself.

  4. Γειά στα χέρια σου!