Friday 30 September 2011

Friday happiness…

I’m so glad it’s finally the end of the week, not to mention the month. I’ve always dreaded Septembers. They meant the end of summer and the beginning of schools, the beginning of the nasty season. At least during October there is an element of romanticism and of autumn.

This week has been generally uneventful. Work has been busy. I’m generally getting at ease with my new responsibilities, people and environment. I only have another 4 months to go to finish my probation period! Yoo-hoo! I don’t think I have anything to fear but still. I would be nice to get it over with.

Anyway, it was my mother’s birthday yesterday. We talked on the phone. She sounded happy. She’s now in her early 60s. Both my parents are generally very active with a social circle to keep them occupied. They do have some minor health issues but generally they’re well. They’re of course very concerned at what’s going on at Greece at the moment. They’ve seen their pensions diminished and they worry about their future. I generally advise them not to watch too much telly, but I don’t think they can help it. I had told my brother to send her flowers on our behalf.

I don’t have any special plans for this weekend apart from a birthday party tomorrow night. The birthday girl booked a table on our favourite gastro pub. I hope the weather stays as amazing as it is at the moment and we could have a bbq outdoors!

3 comments:

  1. I have found October to be a very romantic month. Right now we are having a heatwave in the UK and the weather has been amazing, the hottest day this year so far and its October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that all sounds rather pleasant. I think you are a fortunate fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mind_Of_mine yes, the heatwave has been amazing. I loved it. I needed some sun to face the upcoming winter. :-)

    @Ur-Spo thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete