Friday 29 January 2010

What dreams may come…

I had such a weird dream yesterday… One of these dreams that you fully remember the next day, that wakes you up stressed and disoriented.

I was in my hometown, in my old house where I grew up (now sold). I was having a very vivid discussion with my brother. I was telling him about my plans. I wanted to have an engagement party of my own, in my hometown to make the gossip stop. I wanted to find a nice little girl to get engaged to and let everyone know about it. I was planning where the big party will take place and who to invite. I spend days trying to find the perfect location and decoration. Then, the day of the engagement arrived. I was very excited and happy about the preparations, but then it hit me:
‘Who will be the bride?’
I spent so much time preparing the whole thing, but I didn’t plan who the bride-to-be will be! It was already the morning of the big day and I had to find a solution, call somebody. I figured out that my very best friend ‘A’ will not say no to me. Even in such a short notice, she will agree to get engaged to me. However, she couldn’t do it like that. She might need to go to a hair dresser, find the proper dress, and inform her parents. Her mother would like to get prepared as well! I don’t want mothers-in-law do to get prepared, but she might need a manicure or something… Could I have the party without her parents? Will we find dresses in time? Will the hair dresser be available?
All these questions were going through my head, when I woke up… ‘JJ’ was sleeping next to me. At least I didn’t wake him up…


The first thing that went through my mind was why on Earth would I want to get engaged like that? This is so not me. I don’t have issues with being gay and I certainly wouldn’t do something just because people gossip and criticize me about it. Am I homophobic on my subconscious?


Then, I remembered the TV show we were watching earlier that evening called: ‘Transvestite wives’. It was a documentary following straight couples (can I use that term?) where the husband was a cross dresser. So, in a way, there was a third person in the couple called Deanne, Betty or Sue. These couples were living in areas like Nottingham or Aberdeen which are not very popular as being accepting and understanding to different lifestyles. Unfortunately, these people when dressed in drag, even when accompanied by their wives, would run into not so polite people and were sometimes verbally abused… It was interesting to see how their wives were so protective over them.
Anyway, I hope that was the reason of the weird dream…

By the way, I cooked for JJ amazing cannelloni with spinach and feta cheese yesterday. OK, not because I made it, but it was very good. I don’t like using ricotta. I prefer adding feta and a little bit of cheddar cheese instead. Too much feta will make it too salty but adding a little bit gives food a really nice taste…

7 comments:

  1. oooh. The dinner sounds delicious. Nik, don’t read too much into dreams. HAHA. it’s just dreams I think. The other night I dreamt that I caught my boyfriend in bed with our roommate (who is a girl) and when I woke up I felt all weird about it, but then just decided to laugh it off because it was such a silly dream. It’s crappy though that some dreams can feel so real and leave you feeling so unsettled.

    Have a fantastic weekend mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling

    what a dream...
    at least in UK or Europe, any gay men can feel safe about their identity but not in Malaysia!

    We can get caught for sodomy (kinky word right)! duh! 10 years in prison minimum!

    uhmm! change of taste- the other days i was watching travel channel-a cook show-saturday cooks- saw this handsome cooks from italy-name Gina (very hairy!)heheheh

    He was using parmigiano sort of cheese and in contra to your receipe! you used cheddar- its so british!!! cheddar and butter-heheheh- you have already adapt those brit-by tasta darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting dream! Lots in there to analyse. I don't think it's homophobic, but I don;t think it comes from the TV show (though that seems to have tickled your subconscious!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting dream and interpretation. Lately, my dreams have been about living back at home and my conservative parents finding sex paraphernalia like condoms or lube. It's good to wake up and realize I'm not in an awkward position like that. Haha.

    I'm very jealous of the cannelloni....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Πολύ παράξενο το όνειρο που είδες. Πολλές φορές βλέπω όνειρα στα οποία είμαι πάλι στο σχολείο, ολόκληρος άντρας, αλλά κάθομαι στα θρανία σαν αγοράκι. Μετά από λίγες ώρες λέω, μα τι στο δαίμωνα κάνω εδώ, ο μαλάκας, μεγάλωσα πιά, είμαι ελεύθερος να φύγω, δεν μπορεί να με εμποδίσει κανένας. Λένε να μη δίνουμε σημασία στα όνειρα. Πολλές φορές, όμως, αναφέρνουν σε κάποια ανησυχεία που μας απασχολεί στη waking life. Άκου βλακίες τώρα! Πωπωπωπω. Hope that makes sense. Getting a bit abstract there. I don't usually go beyond ordering meals and grabbing taxis in Greek nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. darling this is to inform you that I've nominated you for the shoe whore award from my blog

    you don't have to do it if you don't wanna do it

    ReplyDelete
  7. @wozzel Thanks. I know that and I am not that bothered about the dreams I have. It’s just something I was thinking about...

    @Suf_n_Steve I didn’t know that about Malaysia. It sounds awful. Was the cook called Gina? Really? It doesn’t sound like a masculine Italian name…
    Yes, fortunately or unfortunately, I am becoming British. I just wanted to add a yellow cheese to create some kind of balance with feta and spinach…

    @Mike. Hmm, ‘Lots in there to analyse’? I’ll have to think more on that. You say it’s not homophobic but you don’t say what it is… Should I google to find the meaning of words? Lol…

    @A_gay_mormon_boy It’s a good thing that some dreams make you appreciate what you have accomplished…

    @Vilges_Suola Ξέρω τι εννοείς. Είναι πολύ ενδιαφέρον όμως το γεγονός ότι μερικά όνειρα επαναλαμβάνονται ή έχουν το ίδιο ή παραπλήσιο θέμα.
    Εγώ νομίζω ότι απλά στον ύπνο μας βλέπουμε πράγματα που μας απασχολούν ή σκεφτόμασταν πριν κοιμηθούμε. Ίσως όμως δεν έχουμε το συνειδητοποιήσει το ότι μας απασχολούν…

    @Suf_n_Steve Thanks a lot for that. I feel much obliged and intrigued to see how I am a shoe whore… lol… I’ll go through your blog in a sec. I always like to reply to comments before going through the blogs I follow…

    ReplyDelete