Thursday 2 August 2012

Accomplishments

It's been hectic the last couple of weeks at work and that's why I've been quiet at the blogosphere. Last week I gave an interview at work and I managed to get a better position in my company. I'll replace a guy that is soon leaving, so I'm joining a different team. However, apart from me another colleague has quit. That means that I have to train a replacement, help my team since we are sort of staff and also get trained in the new position. Juggling many balls at once can be tiring but the occasion is very exciting. I'm so glad I've been given the opportunity of the new placement. I've officially started yesterday but I'm practically between teams.

On a different topic, I've been highly enjoying watching the Olympic Games. I wasn't amazed by the Opening Ceremony. I liked some bits like Bond and the music evolution walk-through but not others. Anyway, that's old news now. Greece managed to get their first medal, in Judo. There might be more to come... Iliadis won Bronze in Judo. That's Iliadis... Woof:




Even if we first invented the Games all these centuries ago, we really can't compete with other counties in medal wining. So, I'm happy with what we can get. :-) Even taking part in semi finals or finals 

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new position - way to go Nik!
    And he may be woofy (Iliadis) but you are woofier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - though gold is good!!

    ahoj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to argue with you on that... Gold is good, but taking part or / and a bronze is not that bad...

      Delete
  3. ps - in the stadium the opening ceremony was AWESOME - the scale was huge and the transition to dark satanic mills was amazing...

    ahoj

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on the new position at work! you probably deserve it :)
    oh and a thank you to your people for inventing the olympics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's a pleasure watching them...

      Delete
  5. I think we should get back to participating in the nude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with that! Should we start collecting signatures?

      Delete
  6. I love the Olympic Games and I'm one of the people who thinks just being able to compete on that stage is amazing. Of course the accomplishments of the decorated athletes are amazing but it doesn't take away from those who didn't win a medal. They are still Olympiads.

    My country's obsession with medals and medal counts is something I never understood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume that when you compete on that level, what USA can do is count the number of gold medals. Are you first or second at the moment? The Brits are so happy being third on the list...

      Delete