Tuesday 14 January 2014

2014 Update

Happy New Year everybody! I know it might be a bit late, but it’s my first post of the new year and it’s never a bad thing to wish something nice!

Anyway, 2014 has already began and from what I can see it’s going to be quite a year. Already, I’ve moved offices. I’m now based in the general area around Monument, Tower Hill and Aldgate underground station. I’m still in the same company and team, just in a different building. We’ve also started some major changes in the house. The scaffolding was put up yesterday to help the builders that will come to replace our roof and guttering and install windows and insulation for the loft conversion. In the meantime, we ordered to get connected to the gas network again. I need with JJ to prepare the house for that, digging a trench, routing some plants, etc. It’s all very exciting. And all these are only planned for next couple of weeks.  


In the meantime, my lodger who stayed with us for the last year, will move out mid-February. We had some ups and downs as all people have living together. I believe there were more ups though during that year. We had said we’ll help her out till she finds a proper job and everything, which we did. It is time now she moves on and for me and JJ to enjoy our house alone. I’m saying that because it’s been decided that in the summer we’ll be getting a dog! I can’t say how excited (and scared) I am of that prospect. It will be amazing! More of this, I’ll definitely explain later.


Since I’m talking about arrivals and departures, I need to add how excited I am of the arrival of my nephew in spring. If all goes well, and I pray that they do, the dynasty of my family will live on through my nephew that is due in April. It will be my only brother’s first child! With the child of my first cousin arriving a month earlier, these two children will be the first of that generation. It’s going to be truly amazing! And my parents will become grandparents which means that they will have something else to worry about! Hopefully that child will keep them occupied enough!

This is more or less how my year will go. It is said that in order to make God laugh, tell him your plans. So, I’m going to stop here and try not to jinx anything. I will definitely keep you posted on what happens though

No comments:

Post a Comment