Wednesday 13 March 2013

Birthday bash


First of all, I’d like to thank every one of you who wished me happy birthday on Facebook. It was very nice and sweet of you. For the rest of my blog readers, that’s alright, you can still make amends. Lol. Just joking.

Anyway, I had an amazing birthday weekend. I invited some friends over on Saturday night for nibbles and drinks. We had prepared various dips (including my own homemade tzatziki), bread, cheeses, meatballs (‘JJ’), cupcakes (my lodger), egg bites, fruit, crisps etc with spirits and wine.  I was introduced to my most recent best friend called ‘Zubrowka’. In case you haven’t met her. I highly recommend it.

My next best friend

I'm blowing my cupcakes

So, around a dozen of people arrived to our place, making it nicely full. Music was playing and drinks were flowing. I believe and hope that my guests had a real nice time. At least I had a blast. To give you an idea we were dancing long after 1 am. The combination of the vodka with champagne made a bit tipsy to say the least.

nibbles?

I love these camera shots

So, I spent my actual birthday with a slight hangover. It wasn’t very bad though. I just needed some rest. In any case the weather here in London has turned for the worse and the last days it’s been freezing outside. It was sunny last week and generally warm, we were hoping to get some spring but now it’s snowing again!

Do we look drunk?

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a great time. BTW.... JJ is a hottie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jim. Yes, I think so too. He's hot. :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great time together - exactly how one's birthday should be spent. Were birthday spankings involved or is that just an American thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, we had a really nice time. Birthday spanking? What's that?

      Delete
  3. again, many happy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are a couple guys in that group picture that I sure wouldn't mind getting to know.

    Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete