Monday 7 November 2011

It’s coming…


Greek news update: In a very short period of time and after a blackmail set by the EU, the referendum has been cancelled and the Greek Prime Minister stepped down. A coalition government will be created whose new PM is not set yet. I believe this to be good news although I do remain pessimistic about the country’s future. I fear that the new government will be equally inadequate as the previous. Funnily enough there’s an article in the CNN that ‘How Greeks have stopped dreaming of the future’ which is exactly how I feel at the moment.
 
However, I’m going to change the subject. I don’t want to bore you with this kind of things any more. They’re very depressing as they are…


So, I’d like to announce how happy I am that the 11th day of the 11th month of 2011 is finally approaching! Apart from being a very peculiar date that happens only once in a century, there is another reason this date is special (at least to me)! The 5th instalment of the Elder Scroll’s game is being released: Skyrim! The ‘Elder Scrolls’ are a series of a single player RPG game! The third instalment (Morrowind) and the fourth (Oblivion) were two of my most beloved computer games ever. I’ve spent lots (and lots) of time on them which I extremely enjoyed. I lost hours of sleep on them which I haven’t regretted.  (Yes, I am such a geek, as if you didn’t know)


So, naturally I hope that the fifth one will be as good as the rest.  And for the first time, I have preordered this game from Amazon!  Usually, I wait for user comments or online reviews to purchase a PC game. You never know if it’s going to be a flop. However, I hope Bethesda, the company that will release the game, will not disappoint. I only hope 2 things. First that my PC will be able to deliver sufficiently the beauty of the game and the second that it will arrive on release day, this Friday and not be delayed. You hear me Amazon????

If these two conditions are met I will say ‘bye-bye’ to the normal, physical world (for a short period of time at least) and dive into a vast mythical world of magicians, orcs, conspiracies, elves and dragons. See you on the other side!

PS. If you call me and I don’t reply, don’t try to yell louder. I’m probably wearing my headphones. It’s better if you throw something (light) at me.


6 comments:

  1. there u have my answer! oh it is not a blackmail after all, i call it 2 bloody word "take" or "leave"...

    ok lets see the next episode title "what's next?" tragically i could say it is more a political satire then who is interested to solve the debts?

    apparently "they" could write off the debts and start on a new page! the but is "what would I get?"

    ps im addressing the political ppl btw, if u get me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of bloggers who are going to temporarily drop off the face of the earth when this game finally comes out. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were more on top of this Greek Drama. I don't understand it or how it happened, but I know it is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Suf_n_Steve I can see your point... Yes, blackmail is probably too harsh a word.

    @Cubby Oh, yes, we will... :-)

    @Ur-Spo The 'hows' is a very difficult question. I think it's more important the 'what happens now'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. One of my friends apparently spent ~30 hours over the weekend playing Skyrim. ;-) Is it worth picking up, if you're new to the series?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Gauss_Jordan Yes, even if you're a newcomer I believe you'll get the hand of it. Have you played Fallout 3?
    Skyrim has been generally simplified to be played at consoles but it remains a very good and addictive game.

    ReplyDelete