Monday 4 October 2010

No news - good news…

I’ve been living quite a quiet life recently. I have been a good student following my courses and studying. I visited the library as planned and managed to stay there for a little bit more than three hours, not checking out people but actually studying… It was nice being indoors with my books and laptop, while it was heavily raining outside.

My life is so thrilling at the moment that I feel excited about going running tonight and then baking a spinach-leek pie for dinner! I haven’t been running since last Monday and I have my 10k for Cancer Research UK in two weeks. I don’t think I’ll manage to break any Personal Records, but anyway. At least I managed to raise the money I wanted for the charity…

Thankfully, I don’t have to face the London Tube Strike today. I am one of the very fortunate to be able to walk from home to work and back. It will be so chaotic on the streets. I don’t really want to comment on Bob Crow (leader of the Underground Union - RMT) much. Let’s simply say that I don’t like him very much and that he is extensively abusing the power he’s been given. He received a pay rise this August of 12%! He now earns £133,183 ($210283) per year! Bear in mind that the UK Prime Minister gets paid £142,500 per year! In a year he might be earning more than the leader of this country… He is really unstoppable.

I think that syndicalism is generally a good thing. However, it’s no good when it is practiced like that…

Anyway, I'll go back to my exciting life...

5 comments:

  1. At least you can say your life is exciting - it means you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SteveA That was a bit sarcastic, but to be honest, I am not complaining. I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the child grant cut though....worse than the tube strike I think. I miss taking the tube somewhere, here we HAVE to drive in our own cars...it sucks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend in London who tells me all about the tube strike. This one and the one a few weeks ago. He has to plan for an addition 3 hours of commute time to get back and forth to work in central London. He is NOT happy. I'm glad you can avoid it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @JCLL Yes, that will be tough.
    Funnily enough people working in City, will get bonuses of around £7bn this year! I just don't get it...

    @Cubby Sorry to hear that. Of course he is not happy...

    ReplyDelete