Monday 18 October 2010

Busy weekend…

I had a brilliant and busy weekend!

On Saturday I finished school! I had my final course regarding Java programming. The next step is to study on my own to take the exams of becoming a qualified Java programmer. I was thinking of applying now to take the exams on a specific day in mid November. That way, I will put pressure on myself to keep on studying. I want to have enough time to study so that I will succeed on the exams (the fees are quite high) but not too much to forget what I was taught…


Saturday evening I cooked for ‘JJ’ as planned. I made pasta with various seafood on a red sauce with a little bit of garlic and onion. For a side dish, appetizer, I made an asparagus tart. I boiled the asparagus with a little bit of leek (I had it in the fridge and it was about to expire). I used an already rolled puff pastry for a base and I added tomato sauce with basil on top. I’ve added pieces of parmesan, the vegetables and some prosciutto on top. It was really good. I think JJ enjoyed it more than the pasta… I didn’t want to fry asparagus parcels with the prosciutto and the parmesan but something lighter…

On Sunday morning we went to Victoria Park in Easter London for the Cancer Research UK 10k run. The weather was amazing for a run. It was slightly chilly but sunny. There were 3700 runners with friends and family. I love these events because of the atmosphere. Everybody is so happy just to participate! I do recommend it. I managed to do the run in less time than last year but still in over an hour. I will get better, I promise.

lot's of people running


Today’s Garfield:

1 comment: