Monday 28 September 2009

Weekend Away

I went to Glasgow the last weekend to help a friend move. It was quite a tiring and entertaining weekend! It was tiring because we had to carry more-than-allowed-in-an-airplane-per-person weight and also do all things of not-that-entertaining shopping needed (pots, casseroles, pans, duvets, cleaning material, sheets, plugs etc.). However, we managed to make ourselves heard throughout the stores laughing and being silly.

The city itself is really nice. It kind of lacks the architectural beauty of Edinburgh but it can be very entertaining. There are many shops, pedestrian walks and shopping centers. The city centre is very vibrant with lots of activities going on. There are all these great looking Scots all around it’s frustrating. I just love the Scottish accent as well. I was in heaven. Probably I was in heaven because of the drink prices and all the nice bars and clubs.


After having an amazing dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant in ‘Prince’s Square’ (beautiful art deco shopping centre) and the first few whiskeys in a lovely bar, we headed to a kind of sleazy club in Sauchiehall Street... It was massive. There were 3 or 4 stages with different music from garage rock, to mainstream pop. The most amazing thing was the price of the drinks. You were able to get single whisky / vodka for £1.5! I challenge you to find that in London. We danced like crazy until early morning…

General Comments:
Many Scotts are good looking. Unfortunately, these who are not, are unbelievable ugly…
Their taste in clothes is a bit… let’s say… hmm, not very tasteful… Most of the girls had this ugly white dyed long hair, amazingly shorts skirts and very high heels. Common trends include animal print clothes (you could find the whole animal kingdom in a single person) and lot’s and lot’s of tasteless bling fake jewelry. It was quite fun to look at, though…
They are very friendly and chatty (if you could understand the accent)…
I would recommend it everyone wanting to go for a weekend away to have some fun…

Apart from that, I didn’t win the EuroLottery last Friday. Well, I did win £2.85 so I shouldn’t be complaining. I spent £1.5 for the ticket, so I managed to double that. How should I spent the earnings?

No comments:

Post a Comment