Tuesday 15 September 2009

Contemplating

It’s September the 15th. It’s my name day. That really doesn’t mean much (since I’m not religious) but it’s a nice day to just celebrate! I brought some treats to the office and I’m going to a nice recital this evening given by a great pianist who’s a childhood friend of mine. Probably drinks and dinner will follow that recital.

However, the bad thing about these celebration days (like birthday) is making you contemplate where you are and what you want to do with your life. This morning (after a great aunt of mine woke me up by calling me to wish me happy name day in the middle of the night really freaking me out) I was looking at my face at the mirror. I try not to do that often since it is not a nice view (joking) but I found new grey hair on my beard! I thought at the beginning that this was caused by being scared to death when the phone rang (really – being woken up like that really freaks me out – it’s a childhood trauma) but then I thought otherwise. I have to face to fact that grey hair in knocking on my body’s door and deal with it.

I’m just kidding, I am really in a happy state at the moment. I have a job that I enjoy (meaning that I can wake up in the morning not swearing about it – although I wouldn’t mind a nice pay rise), good friends that I love and a family that supports and loves me. Of course after the ‘Mr. T’ fiasco I am single (yet again – did my thing with Mr. T counted as ‘not being single’?) but life thought me not to worry too much about stuff not easily controlled. I’ll probably find a date soon…

In addition, this Saturday I am finally doing my first 10k run that I am really happy about (and a little bit stressed). Me and a very good friend of mine, we’re doing a run for Cancer Research UK and we’ve managed to raise a good sum of money. I should have done something similar a long time ago! I really hope this run will go smoothly and if all goes well I’ll do half a marathon next year! I discover the benefits and joy of running quite recently and I am so happy that I did...

So, what I’ve learned this day (at least remembered):
Turn your mobile phone off when sleeping
Don’t spend too much time looking at yourself in the mirror
Try to do frequent, faster, longer runs to get fitter

And most important of all: try not to think too much.
As Mark Twain said: ‘All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure

No comments:

Post a Comment